Center for Therapy & Mediation
Joy Quanrud Grimsley
LMFT, EMDR, Founder and Owner
Joy founded the Center for Therapy & Mediation because she wanted to offer clients mental health services in a safe, warm, and comfortable setting. She often describes the Center as a mental health mall, because 18 independent private practice clinicians offer a variety of services under one roof. All clinicians are licensed in individual, couple and family therapy, and some have additional credentials and/or areas of concentration.
She has included complementary modalities at the Center, such as:
- family reunification and mediation
- Deanna Lyons, CHT, tapping, hypnotherapy, matrix re-imprinting, neuro-linguistic programming, and more.
- Reiki for balance, energy healing, and relaxation
- Massage therapy
As soon as you enter the Center, you can tell that Joy strives to make therapy a good experience, as you even can sip a cup of coffee/tea, listen to calming music, all while you wait for your session. To communicate directly with Joy, email [email protected]
You're welcome to call for a free consultation at 775-842-5669.
Joy's therapy dog provides
comfort and love to clients,
as she is all -sweetness.-
INSURANCE PROGRAMS ACCEPTED by Joy Grimsley LMFT EMDR
- ACI Employee Assistance Program
- Anthem BCBS
- Anthem BCBS Employee Assistance Program
- CDS (City of Reno and other companies)
- Curalinc Employee Assistance Program
- Drug Enforcement Administration Employee Assistance Program
- Hometown Health
- Mutual of Omaha Employee Assistance Program
- Optum (if associated with Hometown Health network)
- Prominence plans
- Tricare plans
- University of Utah plans (Carson Tahoe Hospital etc..)
- Victims of Crime Program - Nevada
- Victims of Crime Program - California
- Wellspring Employee Assistance Program (Microsoft and other companies)
- Electrical Workers Health & Welfare Plan for Northern NV
- Northern NV Laborers Health & Welfare Trust Fund
- Northern NV Operating Engineers Health & Welfare Trust Fund
- UA Local 350 Health, Welfare & Vacation Trust Fund
If your insurance is not listed, call Joy to get the most recent information.
Why come to the Center?
Languages: The Center offers services in English, Spanish and Hindi.
Areas of concentration for therapists include but are not limited to:
Anxiety & Stress
Trauma & PTSD
Mediation & Unification
Stages of Life Changes
Grief & Loss
Blended Family Challenges
Aging & Aging Parents
Post Partum Depression
Neuro Linguistic Programming
EMDR trauma recovery